Want to set up a home server

I’m thinking to run a server for Nextcloud, Monero, maybe lightning and BTC. Maybe TOR. I want to be able to use Thunderbolt 4 and Linux.

Any suggestions welcomed!

That sounds like fun! I’m not sure what your experience level is, but I’d suggest looking into all-in-one solutions such as:

Both of these companies offer complete systems (hardware and software) or you could download the ISOs and install the operation system on your own hardware.

yeah, I am trying to get something a bit more powerful. And I don’t trust Umbrel as I would rather run Ubuntu or something like that.

Thank you for your response!

I run an Ubuntu Server with most of the pieces of software you’ve mentioned directly installed. It’s been going great for multiple years now.

1 Like

You could install Debian with no desktop, and then just installing the packages you need. Uses a little less resources compared to Ubuntu Server, but you do not get new packages as quickly as Ubuntu. Up to you.

2 Likes

Umbrel just not too long ago also rolled out a Monero Node package that was developed by some Monero developers. I haven’t deployed it yet but plan to give it a go! - GitHub - deverickapollo/umbrel-monero

2 Likes

i just ordered a low priced Ubuntu preloaded ryzen server.

2 Likes

Did you get it setup yet? How’s it going so far?

1 Like